Iran News Round Up
A selection of the latest news stories and articles published in Iranian news outlets, compiled by AEI Critical Threats Analysts.
A selection of the latest news stories and editorials published in Iranian news outlets, compiled by AEI Critical Threats Project Iran Analyst Will Fulton. To receive this daily newsletter, please subscribe online.
(E) = Article in English
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said "the continuation of a logical approach in Almaty [Kazakhstan] will eliminate sanctions," and added, "Iran is prepared to attempt to allay [the opposing] side's concerns within a framework where the respectable nations' rights are accounted for."
- Fars News reports that the Syrian army has been advancing in the city of Homs and that Saudi members of al Qaeda are active in the country.
- According to Iranian media, the Saudi military has occupied newly discovered oil fields in al Jawf, Yemen.
- Sepah News published Lebanese Hezbollah's recent press release that invited Arab countries to form a firm position against Israel in retaliation for "Zionist attacks against Quranic teaching centers in al Aqsa mosque."
- Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini said that the reduction of instability resulting from sanctions and an injection of currency into exchange centers have reduced the dollar exchange rate in Iran.
- Director of Iran Petro Oil Layer Expansion at Southern Pars oil fields Nesratollah Zarei reported that the company was successful in digging a record 3 kilometer deep oil well, but crude oil production in the well may not reach the promised 35,000 barrels per day due to high risk factors. He added that the company's offices in Malaysia and Sharjah, UAE are active in coordinating foreign purchases but warned that the company will have to begin laying off employees if a new project is not added within the next four months.
Photo of the Day
Guardian Council Chairman Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati in Kufa, Iraq to inspect the Iranian-funded reconstruction of a Shia shrine.