Iran News Round Up
The Iran News Round Up ran from February 2009-September 2018. Visit the Iran File for the latest analysis.
A selection of the latest news stories and editorials published in Iranian news outlets, compiled by AEI Critical Threats Project Iran Analyst Will Fulton. To receive this daily newsletter, please subscribe online.
(E) = Article in English
- Interim Tehran Friday Prayer Leader Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Movahedi Kermani said the Iranian people must choose a future president whose record demonstrates loyalty to the Supreme Leader. He also said that the president's decisions "will be judged in the after life."
- Fars News will publish a multi-series special report titled "The Syrian Crisis and the Birth of 3rd Generation al-Qaeda in Syria." According to the report, Blackwater, regional Wahabbis, and the United States government collaborated to produce the 3rd generation of al-Qaeda in Syria.
- Fars News reports that the Syrian army is heavily bombarding "terrorist" positions in Idlib and Jasr al-Shaqur and that an Iranian reporter was injured enroute to Damascus airport by "armed individuals."
- Supreme National Security Council Deputy Secretary and member of the Iranian nuclear negotiation team Ali Bagheri said, "total repeal of sanctions must be the main goal of Iran and P5+1 dialogues." He added, "we hope P5+1 enters the scene with realistic, clear, practical, [and] constructive answers and prevents unrealistic discussions that lead us to a dead end."
Photo of the Day
- Senior Iranian officials including Prosecutor General Ayatollah Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejei and Chairman of the Guardian Council Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati attend Tehran Friday Prayer.