Iran News Round Up
The Iran News Round Up ran from February 2009-September 2018. Visit the Iran File for the latest analysis.
(E) = Article in English
- Ahmadinejad will appear in the parliament Wednesday to defend his record.
- According to Asr-e Iran, the Iraqi Embassy in Tehran "uses pretexts not to issue visas to Iranian citizens."
Military and Security
- Commenting on Chuck Hagel's statements concerning Iran, Hossein Salami, Revolutionary Guards deputy, said at a press conference: "We consider the United States as a system, a thought and a policy. And our historical experience, too, tells us that by changing the faces, the systems and values of the thought processes of the hegemonic regime will not undergo significant change... We have learned that there are many discrepancies between words and deeds of the Westerners. We act based on their deeds, not their words."
- Parliamentarian and former member of the Revolutionary Guards, Esmaeil Kowsari, slams Iran, and says most Iranian politicians are former members of the Basij and the Revolutionary Guards, and adds: "The people have greater trust in those who served the revolution in the front." Another IRGC veteran and parliamentarian Mohammad-Saleh Jowkar, says members of the Revolutionary Guards serve the revolution "in different fronts."
- According to Azerbaijan's Trend News Agency, the National Iranian Natural Gas Company is planning to bid for ownership of Turkey's Baskent Gas company which is about to be privatized.
Photo of the Day
- Revolutionary Guards Deputy Hossein Salami's press conference.