Iran News Round Up December 7, 2012
(E) = Article in English
- Speaker of the Parliament Ali Larijani discusses the drastic reduction in the budget for development projects: "This year we are experiencing economic drought but the authorities should demonstrate acumen and direct the capacities of the country in the right direction."
- Gholamreza Ansari replaces Mehdi Nabizadeh as ambassador to India.
Military and Security
- According to Digarban's analysis, the Revolutionary Guards' claim of seizure of a second US drone is an attempt to derail the efforts of officials trying to engage in bilateral negotiations with the United States.
- 205 parliamentarians thank the Guards for capturing the drone.
- Basij Commander Mohammad-Reza Naqdi: "The drone violating [Iranian airspace] should awaken those who pretend to be sleeping and talk of negotiations [between the Islamic Republic and the United States]."
- Sadeq Kaki, Ilam Revolutionary Guards commander, says negotiations with the United States "does not make any sense when their drone violates Iranian airspace."
- Tehran's provisional Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Movahedi Kermani praised the country's Armed Forces, specially the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), for hunting an intruding US drone over the Persian Gulf.
- Alef News criticizes the Islamic Republic Broadcasting's one sided programs on developments in Syria.
Photo of the Day
- Basij Deputy Ali Fazli addresses the Basij war game in Gilan.
- Swedish ambassador to Iran offends Ahmadinejad by crossing his legs during meeting.